Despite of hike in global mobile games market and hundreds of prototypes or either dominating companies like Sony, Microsoft, etc. there will be always some or the other errors in game designs.
Game developers fixes these patches of defects reported by testers through various updates & upgrades later after release.
“The game always excites” no matter what. Mobile games are a boon companion, as we progress from a schooler to a professional individual. Mobile games has always been stayed constant throughout. It endeavors experience beyond capture and is another level of emotional thing.
WHAT ARE BUGS?
Bugs/glitches in a game fails to create an excitement which it should convey. Bugs are flaws that goes unnoticed/unsolved by the production team in a game build. A game plagued by Bugs/glitches are the worst nightmares for a developers.
Bugs can be missing visuals, Movement speed bugs/Bunny hopping, gameplay defects, crackling sound produced, malformed textures, collisions, Textual problems, Inconsistency in music, Physics error, Uninvited graphical errors and many more.
ENCOUNTER OF BUGS- “Finally!!”
QA testers are the superheroes who inspect bugs inside a game. They locate, reproduce and documents a detailed report to programmer’s court for fixing. And this little game testing cycle continues.
It is very crucial to detect and to solve the bugging issue as it may cause harm to user-interface experience. And some of the players would deliberately exploit a particular version of a game.
TYPES OF BUGS
Bugs/Glitches has been grouped into 3 categories;
|It affects the progression of a player. This is very crucial issue which is taken into priority by both developers & testers. For instance, killing any enemy or when move on to another level, etc.||It doesn’t affects the progression of a player. But act as a complication all through-out a gameplay. It can foil-up gamer’s mood like fps drops, NPC vanished, etc.||Minor bugs are termed as trivial bugs. They are not prioritized by a game developer. They are the creepy errors which may freaks out player’s mood.|
There are some mobile game glitches/bugs encountered which cause a player to frustrate all throughout a gaming journey.
- Crashing : When your game freezes or closes all of suddenly affecting your progress. The game do not headway after a crash. Crashes are problematic and affects user experience. Developers often prioritize this issue the most.
- Graphic Glitches : They are the random distortions found in any object and characters within a game. Missing textures, absurdly broken physics error which is mostly encountered in an open world game.
- Gameplay Defects : Gameplay defects causes disadvantages to a player which obstructs a player from following an actual gameplay which s/he is intended to follow.
- Textual Snags : Every games strings to specific storyline. Textual errors deals with wrong translations, mistyped, misplaced and unaligned texts. This issue can be a severe issue those following narrative games.
- Audio Problems : It includes sound play associated with a particular gameplay both sound+ music. As we all know, background music sets us in a correct vibe when playing a game. Audio bugs arise when quality of sound is not rendered properly. Wrong lip syncing, looping effect, improper dialogues.
- Collisions : Collision glitches are flawed trajectories, precise motion, or wrong collision activity between two objects, etc. Collision glitches are also occur due to integration of false real-world physics of 3D objects.
How to find game bug? It’s time to catch them!!
Mobile game testing is an organized and deliberate effort to identify and detect bugs, specifically ensuring the quality and gameplay of a game. Mentioned below are some of the game testing thunders.
Also read: Game testing and types blog
Steps to squash bugs & glitches! (Game Developers serotonin level drops!)
Game developers are conscientious to squash-out all the bugs & glitches inspected by a QA Testers. They undergo following steps;
Significance of error-free game
Games are never perfect or error-free but game developers and testers try hard to make it best that it probably can be.
Games teach us that it doesn’t have to be perfect to be amazing. Although there will always be a space for improvement.
“Gamers wishing for a perfect game in this imperfect world”.
Will someone end up perfecting the game?
Only time will show us the update, but regardless drop the comment and tell us about your favorite games and a bug you encountered recently.
Spawn Point is a professional game testing company having a squad of good team with real resources to test your game.