Game testing- ‘A world of game-changers’
Gaming has always been a top-level priority for every section of society, and we all do have a fun nostalgia bomb associated with our young days.
Today, humans are craving for new features and platforms. With the immense elevation in the gaming industry across the globe, it has been possible.
As we are in the 8th generation of gaming, the Game market is observing growth exponentially leaving behind several choices for the gamers to access and feel the real-world experience.
Therefore, it is duty of the production team and developers to keep up the gamers’ spirit as high as possible by eliminating the cracks, and crashes of a game which are visible. This can only be done by examining or testing a particular game again and again in a nutshell.
Game testing- Exciting fun side is to play games thoroughly and mask crashes/freezes in the game.
However, game testing is not all about fun! You need to be extra focus to build your reliability.
Mobile Game Testing is a deliberate, Organized, and efficient method to detect and nullify various errors and bugs in any particular game. These glitches act as a hindrance to user-experience and progress throughout the gameplay.
Game testing is done to pinpoint software defects and glitches in a game that were not intended by a game developer.
Therefore, mobile game testing ensures the quality board of a specific game. As the process of development of each game is distinct so, it’s better to have a clear-cut knowledge both inside and out.
‘Game tester dynasty’
Game tester are the test tigers who are highly knowledgeable and passionate about their role. They evaluate and anticipate the entire game map and are also known by the name Beta Testers.
It is often said that-‘A good tester should be the good bug-reporter’.
They possess vivid traits and caliber. Namely,
- Endurance and evaluation skills
- Analytical and logical approach
- Expert in observing and communication
- Highly savvy by nature
- A crunch-worker indeed!
Sprinkle of testing flow: A-I-R-S-S
- Analysis and inquire gameplay – The foremost step of a tester is to perceive the storyline of a game, study game flow, frame overlay, design, and various levels of a game accompanied by treasures and rewards.
- Identify and detect – After digging everything about a game rigorous testing is conducted spin-to-spin.
- Report – The bugs, and errors, thus, discovered is gone for proper validation. Errors are poured into a well-defined description of the origin, clock in time of the bug, etc.
- Scanning – Once the developer fixes the issues discovered and mentioned by a tester concerning the need, it is again gone to tester’s lap for re-testing. Tester then ensure whether the issue is resolved or not.
- Substantiate – At the final step resolution of issues are verified. Hence, the show is validated to be true.
A brand-new game is processed by three stages of testing. Namely,
Its main motive is to turn out a game to be possibly perfect that forecast fun and excitement throughout a gameplay journey.
Further, β- testing is prone to several other mobile game testing where popular mobile game platforms are Android and iOS.
List of testing thunders
Fundamental rule –
“When in doubt about testing, keen to know your user”
- Functionality test – This test is the most common and peculiar. Where a gamer/tester checks the basic mechanics of the game and identifies its user interface issues which may affect the honor of the game in any manner.
For instance :- Audio quality test, visual elements, camera angles, graphics, animation clipping, screen resolution, display messages, game navigation, missing fonts and colors, textual errors, etc.
- Compliance test – Here the tester points out the objectionable contents which violate the guidelines of regulatory bodies namely The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) and The Pan-European Game Information (PEGI) and several others.
For example -A game has to pass PAL test for authentication in several European countries, etc.
- Compatible test – This test ensures whether a particular game is following prominent devices and its configuration or not.
To illustrate – To install and check-in all different platforms or mobile devices.
- Localization test – It focuses on linguistic and visual test and check language translation specifying local time/date/currency, specific cultural references, etc.
For example- it checks the voice-over issues, natural flow of language, spellings. Like, the Arabic language is written from right to left and several other similar issues.
- Performance Test – It simply checks the latency and evaluate the path and flow of a game. It illustrates the response of a game by keeping an eye on network, power backup and servers.
- Load/SUL test – System under Load (SUL) identifies the memory crashes. Withstand a memory before the start of a test and after the end of a test by an application is monitored. Soak testing checks the abnormal/misbehavior a system can show when used to play continuously for a longer time.
- Multiplayer test – When multi-players are played, seamless and uninterrupted gameplay journey is required. Speed and accuracy are checked especially in Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) platforms where several people together share their time and objectives.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) – It is the most trending thing in present times. AI bots develop challenges and complexity to users. Gamers consider themselves as a striker/fighter or else a real-world soldier in the battlefield. AI bots test ensure to enhance the competitive relevancy of a game.
- Security test – Games are prone to vulnerability. Security test enables to check external & internal threats, data breach, and exploitation of game hacking and secures game for the long run.
- Regression test – Once the bug has been fixed, regression testing allows to check if the bug is still there or eradicated. Thus, it is just a confirmation test to proceed the game for further levels.
Global gaming world
With the bloom of all the gaming sectors. Mobile gaming tops the list by generating high revenue in the last decade and is even expected to rise by 59% by 2021.
Research suggests that a good game tend to strengthen one’s logical and analytical skills 10×times. It allows your brain to forecast amazing perception, navigation, and accuracy eventually expanding creativity.
VR technology has been an ongoing Gaming buzz and industry is all set to create fun features for their users where they can create an extraordinary emotional connection.
In the gaming industry to avoid criticism and reduction in sales, feedback is taken way to seriously as feedbacks determine the inclusion/exclusion of specific features.
#Know your fan-club
Users expect Credibility and authenticity in any game. Simplicity is always a great virtue but not at the cost of a decrease in competitiveness.
#Cheers to the QA team
Testers ponder everything for a flawless game journey and faultless testing. Everything they do is error-free and high on perfection.
So here you go, Spawn point has a set of professional testers who works energetically to enhance your gaming journey.
#hunger for testing